PDA

View Full Version : Flexi Slideshow relative URL causing broken links per google

sharonmiranda
10-29-2015, 07:00 PM
1) Script Title: Flexi Slideshow

2) Script URL (on DD): http://dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/flexislide.htm

3) Describe problem: contentcontainer+='<a target="_blank" href="'+variableslide[currentslide][1]+'">' causes a combining of URLs and thus broken links per Google. I have replaced all variable links with hard coded domain name to avoid this issue but cannot figure out how to correct this one last standing. If I place domainname.com in it causes a doubling up.

href="'+variableslide[currentslide][1]+'"
to
href="www.domainname.com'+variableslide[currentslide][1]+'"
causes
www.domainname.comwww.domainname.com'+variableslide[currentslide][1]+

as is, the combined URL result is that the variableslide href attaches to the end of all posts not related to the slideshow in the google review:
page-Bear_Creek_Salmon_Festival_--_When_-10_/_03_/'+variableslide[currentslide][1]+'

Beverleyh
10-29-2015, 07:19 PM
contentcontainer+='<a target="_blank" href="'+variableslide[currentslide][1]+'">' causes a combining of URLs and thus broken links per GoogleWhat does this mean? How are the links broken in Google? The links are defined in the variableslide array at the start of the script and, from what I can see in the demo, appear as typed. Could you elaborate further because I don't understand how/where Google would report that they are broken. They look fine in the browser.

"combining of URLs" / "combined URL result" <-- Again, I don't understand what you mean by these phrases.

I can't see that anything is broken in the demo page here so if they are only broken for you, please provide a link to *your page* so we can see if/where you're going wrong. If the problem presents itself in a particular browser, please say which.

That said, this is a very old slideshow so you might be better upgrading to something more modern and robust, like this http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/fadeinslideshow.htm