PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a particular "Image Masking" Script

DaletonaDave
02-21-2006, 10:48 PM
A while back I believe I saw a script on DD that used a transparent ".gif" that is placed on top of the pic you want to keep ppl from getting. I have pages that have this would be great for. Some pics I don't mind if ppl take, but some I do. Can anyone help me find this script? Thanks in advance.

DaletonaDave

jscheuer1
02-22-2006, 11:50 AM
It didn't really work so it was removed from the library.

Twey
02-22-2006, 04:25 PM
Oh really? When does "no right click" get chucked out? :)

jscheuer1
02-22-2006, 06:59 PM
Oh really? When does "no right click" get chucked out? :)

That's not what the OP was asking about. Now that you mention it, perhaps a policy change is in order though, how much 'pull' do you think you and I have around here?

DaletonaDave
02-22-2006, 10:28 PM
It didn't really work so it was removed from the library.

Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll have to keep looking for something similar.:(

Twey
02-23-2006, 04:08 PM
Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll have to keep looking for something similar.There's nothing that will work appreciably. If there were, DD would have replaced this script with that one. Watermark your images and make sure you have a copyright statement on the site.
Now that you mention it, perhaps a policy change is in order though, how much 'pull' do you think you and I have around here?Probably not that much. Worth a suggestion, though.

DaletonaDave
02-23-2006, 09:27 PM
Well, I do have copyright 2000-2006 at the bottom of all my pages, but thats about it. I'll have to work on some watermarks, but most of the images I don't want copied are decorative graphics, etc. Most of the pics on the site weren't mine to begin with. Maybe I'll add to my copyright too, making it a little more detailed. Thanks for the ideas.