PDA

View Full Version : Help with DD Accordion Menu

jdadwilson
09-01-2015, 04:35 AM
1) Script Title: Glossy Accordion Menu

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ddaccordionmenu-glossy.htm

3) Describe problem: I am using the DD Glossy Accordion Menu is a large site. I am very pleased with its implementation and results. I just have one small issue I am hoping to resolve. I am a novice of JavaScript so need some assistance. I note in the ddaccordion.init there are several parameters that can be changed. My need is this...

I would like to ensure that any expanded submenus be collapsed on page load. Does one of the referenced parameters control this action, or do I need to add some code to the oninit function.

TIA for any assistance
jdadwilson

Beverleyh
09-01-2015, 07:13 AM
Thankfully you don't need to know JavaScript. You just need to read the comments alongside the available init settings. looks like a combo of defaultexpanded and persiststate would do it - see the comments in the script for the logic there.

If you need more help, please provide a link to your page.

ddadmin
09-02-2015, 06:58 PM
If you set the "persiststate" option to false, that should be sufficient.

jdadwilson
09-03-2015, 04:02 AM
I did... it doesn't. The following link is to my test site. Open the NAVIGATION Menu in the upper left and select the 'Community Information' option (menu will expand). Next select the 'Biographies' menu option. When the page loads open the menu. Community Information is still expanded.

http://www.txfannin.org/new-site/index.php

Thanks for your assistance. You guys/Ladies are great.

jdadwilson

ddadmin
09-03-2015, 06:01 PM
Hmm for me the "Community Information" menu remains closed after doing the steps above.

jdadwilson
09-03-2015, 07:06 PM
Well, you are correct. My tired old eyes must have been playing tricks on me last night. Or, maybe it is the old javascript thing where the newest script does not always get loaded. Probably was the former though.

Again, thanks for all of your help. You are the best.
jdadwilson

BorderTerroir
09-03-2015, 08:05 PM
I did see the problem this morning but it has gone now so I don't think it was down to you.

On the plus side my website uses the original script so I will upgrade.