PDA

View Full Version : body oncontextmenu="return true"

NemoXP
02-21-2006, 09:22 AM
i have used this function and i want to make right click active in a <textarea>
how can i do that? plz help me. i have searched on google for 2 days and noting... :((
or.. if thic can`t be done... how can i make a button witch will automatily select a text and copy it when pressed ?
to be more precisely at www.nautilus.lx.ro/index_en.php?url=link2us_en.php i want to make that button of if not possible with the button, to activate right click just in the middle (whare are the codes)

Twey
02-21-2006, 05:45 PM
Neither is possible.
Remove your "disable right click" script -- they're utterly useless and only cause problems.

NemoXP
02-22-2006, 06:16 AM
but.. how can I hide my source ? i heard about a java script witch dose this but i can`t find it

Twey
02-22-2006, 04:07 PM
but.. how can I hide my source ?Now, why would you want to do a daft thing like that? Firstly, it's not as if you're actually hiding it, simply making it slightly more difficult to see: any competent user can still view it. Secondly, what little you can do to make it less visible always comes at a price, usually compatibility. There do exist several scripts to "hide" your source. None are infallible, and they all mean that your page can't even be viewed in a browser without Javascript. Thirdly, "hiding" your source code is a decidedly antisocial thing to do; the Web is so popular because people can examine and learn from the way pages work. The Web is meant for sharing information, and its whole nature and structure revolves around this. If you want to keep it a secret, don't put it on the Web.

NemoXP
02-22-2006, 04:30 PM
yes, you are right. but... how can i protect against those who just do "save page as" and the the put it on the net pretending is theyr page ??

Twey
02-22-2006, 04:33 PM
Firstly, make sure you have a copyright statement on your page.
Then, you have several options:
1) Ask them politely to stop.
2) Inform their host of the problem.
3) Sue them.

Another good idea is to watermark your images so as to leave no doubt as to by whom they are owned.
I should also point out that, despite having done several websites, this has never happened to me. Simply put, why would anyone want to?

NemoXP
02-22-2006, 04:41 PM
i`ve meat with this problem... and i announced the host (lx.ro) and they had deleted that coppy of my site... bunt lx.ro is the only host witch i am understanding ok... if that person will put the site on another host? i can`t do anything...
what is "watermark" -> me romanian and i don`t understant this work so well.... is something like: http://news.softpedia.com/news/IBM-Scientists-Claim-Chip-Breakthrough-the-29-9nm-Circuit-18513.shtml ?

Twey
02-22-2006, 04:48 PM
Ha, no. See this (http://www.psptoybox.com/tuts/psp7/watermark.html).

i`ve meat with this problem...To be honest with you, I don't see why. It's all the same information; why would anyone just copy it like that? Totally useless.

NemoXP
02-22-2006, 04:56 PM
hmmm... i read that about watermarking but i can`t do that on 1000 images.. :) and.. the content of the site is still easy to copy... or... to protect just the "template" (i`m saying "template" under " " because is not a template and my english is limited :( ) not all the content (wallpapers, flash games etc etc)

Twey
02-22-2006, 05:17 PM
Just do it on a few, and very faintly -- just so that, if anyone doubts who produced the site first, you'll be able to prove it was you.
And whatever happens, it's no easier to copy than it was with your no-right-click script on it :)

NemoXP
02-23-2006, 06:07 AM
me have an ideea... one hidden div witch will contain a image :D and when somebody will save the site, will automatikly save that image

Twey
02-23-2006, 04:14 PM
Yes, that would work, so long as they didn't look closely at the source of the page. For that matter, you could just include an HTML comment:
<!-- This page written by NemoXP. -->... though that might be slightly easier to spot.

tarantula3
05-22-2008, 11:49 AM
// Copying highlighted text
function ClipBoard(){
Copied = document.all.dataDiary.createTextRange();
Copied.execCommand("RemoveFormat");
Copied.execCommand("Copy");
}

where dataDiry is the id of the textarea

U can also vsit www.scorpHQ.org for similar questions...

tarantula3
07-10-2008, 04:21 AM
The above website is www.scorpHQ.info.