PDA

View Full Version : Fade in Slideshow only loads on refresh

becstar
07-13-2015, 12:31 AM
1) Script Title: Ultimate Fade in Slideshow

2) Script URL (on DD): http://thebuilderswife.co.nz/2015/portchalmers.html

3) Describe problem: The slideshow only loads when the page is refreshed. Is this a conflict issue with another script or is it something else?

Thanks

Beverleyh
07-13-2015, 07:25 AM
It loads first time for me here (iPhone).

In what circumstances do you see this behaviour? Any particular browser? Any particular device?

becstar
07-13-2015, 09:00 AM
It loads first time for me here (iPhone).

In what circumstances do you see this behaviour? Any particular browser? Any particular device?

Hi Beverly, thanks for your reply. I have tested this on Firefox, Safari and Chrome and iphone and I might be getting closer to understanding the problem. I just realised it does load but if you type the url in but not if you access the page via the navigation. i.e if you click on Restaurant > Port Chalmers (not working in mobile menu yet) or click Restaurant (top level) and the box with image that says "Port Chalmers" then it loads the page without the slideshow. But if you click refresh on the browser then the slideshow appears.

I hope that makes sense. I am assuming it must be something to do with a script or something used somewhere else. This is from a bought template so I can ask the folk I brought it from if it's not an issue with slideshow script, which it doesn't look like!

Thanks
Rebecca

styxlawyer
07-13-2015, 03:56 PM
It looks like a JavaScript conflict. You could try commenting out this line as the file "jquery.touchSwipe.min.js" doesn't appear to be on your server.

<!-- optional touchswipe file to enable swipping to navigate slideshow -->
<!-- <script type="text/javascript" src="jquery.touchSwipe.min.js"></script> -->

becstar
07-13-2015, 11:05 PM
Thanks, I tried that, but no difference. I've since tried removing all of the scripts one by one on the page, but couldn't pin point which one it could be. I'll see if i can get help from the people who made the html template, cheers