PDA

View Full Version : Need help with jquery.coda-slider-2.0

wftomlin
06-02-2015, 11:06 PM
Hello,

I'm a javascript novice and I've downloaded a web template that uses "jquery.coda-slider-2.0.js". I'm trying to cover my bases in case someone uses a browser with jscript turned off. The slider (when using jscript) rotates through a group of assigned pics. If jscript is tuned off, the pics display as a group of stacked pics on top of each other. Part of the css file has these 2 lines near the bottom of the file:

/* Use this to keep the slider content contained in a box even when JavaScript is disabled */
.coda-slider-no-js .coda-slider { height: 308px; overflow: hidden !important; padding-right: 20px }

I'm assuming this means to keep the pics from displaying on top of each other - maybe loading just the 1st pic (which would be fine), but I have no idea how to use this.

If anyone has ever used jquery.coda-slider-2.0 and could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Beverleyh
06-03-2015, 04:57 AM
It's hard to troubleshoot something we can't see. Please post a link to your page, and a link to the original script in case there's something in the documentation that would be useful.

Just guessing now but I would expect that line of CSS to work out of the box. I would expect to see the .coda-slider-no-js class in the web page markup on either the HTML, body or slider container element by default, and then a line somewhere in the JavaScript that removes or amends the class so that it is present in the DOM only when JS isn't available. Use the web developer tools console (F12 in most common browsers) to check if this is happening (in the original template, before you made changes).

For specific help though, we need a link to your page.