PDA

View Full Version : HELP! I am trying (and trying, and trying) To complete a slot machine assignment

LostAria
04-11-2015, 01:54 PM
I am trying to complete this assignment:
Modify the following slot machine code:
So that the player’s credits appear in a textbox. When the game begins, the number of credits should start at 20. Each spin of the slots should cost the player one credit. If all three slot images match, however, the player wins and is credited with 13 credits.
In addition, an alert window should appear to notify the player of the winning spin. Augment the SpinSlots function so that the number of credits is updated appropriately on each spin.
Add code to the SpinSlots function that will not allow the player to spin if the balance is Zero. Add an alert notification.
Add a button that allows the player to add 20 credits to his account. (write a function)

CODE REMOVED BY MODERATOR

I know there are a lot of mistakes, I am still trying to edit it, but I am going in circles and getting myself lost. Help! Thank-you so much!

Beverleyh
04-11-2015, 02:47 PM
Unfortunately we are not able to help you with your assignment. You should contact your instructor for feedback and suggestions, or maybe seek help from other students in your class.

Furthermore, the source website features this text prominently in the instructor resource area

This work is protected by United States copyright laws and is provided solely for the use of instructors in teaching their courses and assessing student learning. Dissemination or sale of any part of this work (including on the World Wide Web) will destroy the integrity of the work and is not permitted. The work and materials from it should never be made available to students except by instructors using the accompanying text in their classes. All recipients of this work are expected to abide by these restrictions and to honor the intended pedagogical purposes and the needs of other instructors who rely on these materials
Please note the part I have put in bold - to avoid any conflicts of interest, I have removed reference to the code you posted and will be closing this thread to discourage responses that may unwittingly interfere with student learning in the future.