PDA

View Full Version : Multiple targets link follow up...

almarenan
11-19-2004, 12:06 PM
Ok, the first part is working, thanks to you all.
The exact code is in the form of :
javascript:{onClick:parent.frame1.location='xxx.html';parent.frame2.location='yyy.html'}

Now using it on hvmenu (which was the overall point anyway) create a new prob :
If you use this code on more than one menu item, the pages asked for MUST be on the same level (i.e. NOT on folders or sub-folders). If you use something like this :
javascript:{onClick:parent.frame1.location='folder1/xxx.html';parent.frame2.location='folder1/yyy.html'}
and, on another item
javascript:{onClick:parent.frame1.location='folder2/www.html';parent.frame2.location='folder2/zzz.html'}
everything is swell the first time but on the second, you have a message that "the page YourSite/folder2/xxx.html cannot be found". It's normal because xxx.html is in folder1...

I've tried something like this :
javascript:{onClick:parent.frame1.location='../folder1/xxx.html';parent.frame2.location='../folder1/yyy.html'} but to no avail.

I think it's a question of relative versus absolute addressing but I can't seem to get the hang of it and I'm going to have a LOOOOT of pages to address...

Help me, please

cr3ative
11-19-2004, 12:12 PM
bs

Don't double post please. I'll deal with this query later when you've read the rules.

cr3ative

almarenan
11-19-2004, 12:15 PM
sorry about the double posting, I'm not familiar with the forum rules yet.

Site link : http://mapage.noos.fr/groupe-almarenan

p.s. sorry, it's in french...

cr3ative
11-19-2004, 12:20 PM
*sighs*

The site you requested is blocked under your organization's filtering policy. It fits into the following filtering category(ies) that your organization has chosen to block: Free Pages, ****ography

I'll check it when I get back.

cr3ative

almarenan
11-19-2004, 12:22 PM
Another precision : if you go to http://mapage.noos.fr/groupe-almarenan, you'll find that it works but only because I've kept all the pages on the same root level... but when you see all the Items and sub and sub-sub Items I've got coming, you'll see the prob.

almarenan
11-19-2004, 12:49 PM
WHAAAATT ???!!!!

****ography ?
It's a site about JRR Tolkien !!!!??? You know, the Lord of the Ring ?
I mean, it's an in-french encyclopedy of all the Tolkien work...

Ok, Free Page I can stand (but don't understand)

I don't know if it's coming from my AP but if it is, I'll shake them, let me tell you...

There's not even ONE single Image, bad word or whatsoever on the Site.

almarenan
11-19-2004, 12:55 PM
Sorry if I'm rambling a bit, but this Pronography thing is more than I can stand...

Give me a way and I'll SEND the friggin' site to you. It's small enough that it's an 130 Ko zip archive.

cr3ative
11-19-2004, 01:50 PM
I don't understand how the college filter works... I'd just ignore it.
Anyway, I'm back at my place now so I can check it out and report back if I can help.

cr3ative

edit: I can't solve this one.

almarenan
11-19-2004, 02:51 PM
OK, then maybe you can explain this stuff about relative vs absolute addressing.
What I mean is this : if I'm on a sub-sub-folder and want to address something that is on the same level (sub-sub) but on ANOTHER folder, I have to go back one step (sub) and THEN go to the right folder, right ?
Doing sub1/sub2/folder1 and then sub1/sub2/folder2 doesn't work.
../ is troublesome and send me back (most but not all the times) to the TOP (root) level.
So my question is : is there an instruction like the ol' "cd.." to back-up ONE level at a time ?

cr3ative
11-21-2004, 01:29 PM
../ should work, so that's odd.

Heh, don't I wish there were cd.. commands and the suchlike. It'd be so much easier.

cr3ative