PDA

View Full Version : Mouseovertabs always shows submenu contents on page load

PaulBinCT
03-15-2015, 06:14 PM
1) Script Title: mouseovertabs.js

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/mouseovertabs.htm

3) Describe problem:
|
Hello all,

So I've been working on my first attempt at using this and whenever I load the home page, the first div on the submenucontents page always shows, although the other tabs on the home page operate correctly (that is they show and hide their associated content).

I've been beating my head against this all day so I'd be deeply grateful for any guidance!

Many thanks!

Beverleyh
03-15-2015, 06:37 PM
Unfortunately we can't diagnose anything we can't see. Please post a link to your page

PaulBinCT
03-15-2015, 06:39 PM
:( The site isn't published yet... any tips you could suggest in this case?

Beverleyh
03-15-2015, 06:47 PM
Only to;

- follow the demo to the letter.
- use dev tools (F12) to inspect the element and look for problems.
- check z-index of other elements to check for overlaps.
- remove other scripts and css to narrow down potential conflicts.
- if all other logic fails, rebuild your site startling with a basic template and the menu, and gradually build up from there.

PaulBinCT
03-15-2015, 06:56 PM
Thanks Beverley :) I'm really busting my backside on it... On closer examination, it looks like there are actually 2 "instances" of the submenu selection in question. When I load the page, there is one set of submenu links visible. When I mouse over the main menu selection, it disappears and a new "version" of it appears in another location. Very bizarre. There's only one div that contains the submenu links so I don't get what's going on here...