PDA

View Full Version : Lightbox Loading

Merciless
02-18-2006, 06:09 AM
i've noticed on my page lightbox is loading LAST, i was hoping theres a way to make it load FIRST, if you can tell me what i need to do i'd much apprciate it, thanks...

www.merciless-gods.com/pics.htm is the page....

jscheuer1
02-18-2006, 09:41 AM
Not really. Lightbox needs all the images it will work off of (thumbnails and helper images) loaded before it can init. You could, for example, place an initialization call for just after all the images on the page that trigger it but, it would in some cases still act oddly until the entire page (including the little helper images for the script) were loaded. Looking at your page, I can see that you are using the same images for the thumbnails as for the large scale display, leaving it to the browser to resize them for the thumbnail representations. This makes the page take much longer to load than would be the case if you used smaller, optimized, resized (perhaps even cropped) thumbnail images for the thumbnails. Taking care of that situation would go a long way towards solving your problem but, the lightbox effect really shouldn't load until the page has loaded. The potential for errors is too great. One other thing you can do is remove as many other images and perhaps even that flash thinger from the page, anything that also needs to 'get loaded'.

Merciless
02-18-2006, 06:08 PM
thanks ischuer i'll take all those ideas into mind, but you anwsered my question perfectly, :D