PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Scripts in One Page

Tam
02-17-2006, 10:45 PM
HV Menu & Conveyer Belt Slideshow or Fader

I understand that this is a topic that is not encourage on this forum, but I saw in previous threads that SPEEDRACER was able to add so assistance back in June of 2005. The examples that were posted at that time are not all available and I really need help on my situation as it work on a client site and I am at a stand still until I resolve my situation.

I am using the HV Menu and Conveyer Belt Slideshow on the same page and of course one works fine without the other, but I really need them to work together and would really like to know how to take care of these situations because I have several other clients that will be using the HV Menu. If SPEEDRACER is still available and would be willing to help me out, my code may be viewed at my testing location http://kleaninghouse.com

If anyone else out there is able to add some assistance I would greatly appreciate it.

I did try all types of variations of the </body onload="xxx();xxx()" as well.

Any & ALL help would be so so appreciated. Thanks for your time and your efforts in advance...

Tam:)

jscheuer1
02-18-2006, 10:03 AM
HV is a complicated script, it's onload event(s) may be hard to spot in its code. Your best bet would be to remove this line from the Conveyor script:

window.onload=fillup

and replace it with this:

if ( typeof window.addEventListener != "undefined" )
window.addEventListener( "load", fillup, false );
else if ( typeof window.attachEvent != "undefined" )
window.attachEvent( "onload", fillup );
else {
if ( window.onload != null ) {
var oldOnload = window.onload;
window.onload = function ( e ) {
oldOnload( e );
fillup();
};
}
else
window.onload = fillup;
}

If there is any easy way of getting these two to play well together, that would be it. If that doesn't work, just put the Conveyor on a separate page and have it show through onto the desired page via a borderless iframe.

Tam
02-19-2006, 03:43 PM
HV Menu Script & Conveyer Belt

John,

Thanks so so much for your assistance. I was able to get it up and running with the iframe. I do have a question regarding the iframe - Are there any down falls to using the iframes? I just want to make sure before I go gang busters using them...

Thanks again so so much for all your help and assistance... You made my weekend..

Tam

jscheuer1
02-19-2006, 04:05 PM
In this day and age there are few drawbacks to iframes, used to be that many browsers did not support them. As long as you are savvy enough to configure them to have the look and feel you desire across all the browsers that you want them to look good in, there is no real problem other than spiders sometimes ignoring content contained in them when cataloging your site. For this reason, I'd stick to using them with something like a slide show which needn't be spidered anyway. However, any content in an iframe that must be spidered, can be linked to a top page on your site using an invisible link that only the spider will see:

<a href="page_in_iframe.htm"></a>

jscheuer1
02-19-2006, 04:19 PM
You know though, you are better off without the iframe if it can be avoided. I just tried my other suggestion and it worked fine.

Tam
02-20-2006, 11:38 AM
Got it working both ways... Figured out the errors I was getting and will be using your coding vs the iframe... Thanks again for all the help - you have been a HUGE HUGE help!! Take care.

Tam