PDA

View Full Version : How to display the images from an RSS feed on gAjax RSS Ticker (hosted)

oscardd
12-24-2014, 05:39 PM
1) Script Title: gAjax RSS Ticker (hosted)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex18/gajaxpausescroller.htm

3) Describe problem: I wonder if it's possible to display the image that are on a RSS feed on this particular script wish I am already using on my site!
-it works great! except for the image thing-

vwphillips
12-28-2014, 12:28 PM
newsfeed.displayoptions("datetime description") //show the specified additional fields

'description' will show the images

oscardd
12-28-2014, 01:07 PM
Hello

I done that and the image show, but can one control the size of the image? I have the code feed shown here: http://browseshopbuy.com/backup-home.html you can tell how it's working and the size that I have for the feed (ebay one) on orange field.

Thank you

vwphillips
12-28-2014, 04:14 PM
#example1 IMG{ /*Demo 1 main container images*/
width: 150px;
}

the CSS for all images width of 150px

oscardd
01-08-2015, 10:17 PM
Hello

I just saw the reply!

Thank you!

It works great!!

Have a great year!

oscardd
01-17-2015, 06:11 PM
Hello,

I am back to ask another question:

How to go about having only the image show? I ask this because some descriptions of an image are short, long and some done have, so then there is always a large empty space between post!

vwphillips
01-18-2015, 03:34 PM
I can not modify that script
I would have to make a new one

what other RSS display options would you require?
i.e.
"date", "time", "datetime", "label", "snippet"

Beverleyh
01-18-2015, 04:05 PM
Hello,

I am back to ask another question:

How to go about having only the image show? I ask this because some descriptions of an image are short, long and some done have, so then there is always a large empty space between post!
You could try it with CSS - it might not be a suitable method (depends on the circumstances) but then again it might be, so give it a try.

First set the parent container visibility to hidden;

#example1 div ul li { /* LI that surrounds each entry */
visibility: hidden;
height: 300px;
}Set an explicit height so that when the images inside are made visible again, they'll occupy a uniform space.

Then make the image inside visible again;

#example1 div ul li img { /* image inside each li entry */
visibility: visible;
}
This is an untested suggestion and it really depends on the size of image and if there is only one per post.

Maybe it will provide a workable option though?

oscardd
01-19-2015, 12:36 AM
Hello

Okay,

what about limiting the characters of the description? if is possible, that will be the solution!

oscardd
01-19-2015, 12:40 AM
Hello,

I try it your solution; It hides the description and the title as well - so the image is by it's lonesome -

Beverleyh
01-19-2015, 10:57 AM
From the demo page (at the very bottom) http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex18/gajaxpausescroller.htm ;
Now, within each yellow box, you can style the various components of the RSS entry via the CSS classes ".titlefield", ".labelfield", ".datefield".
So, try applying the same visibility:visible; to the other fields you would like to see;

#example1 div ul li img, #example1 div ul li .titlefield { /* image inside each li entry */
}
If you need more help, please provide a link to your page.

oscardd
01-19-2015, 01:42 PM
Hello

I tried it but no good!

It could be me That I don't get it

In any event the link to it is this: http://www.karinasjewels.com/back-up-home.html it will be the one on the right side (FORZIERI)

Oscar

Beverleyh
01-19-2015, 04:02 PM
I was over specific with the selectors - try;

#example1 div ul li img, #example1 .titlefield { /* image inside each li entry */
}Im on a computer now and have tested, and the above *does* work.

oscardd
01-19-2015, 11:42 PM
Hello

Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It works beautifully (:

You are a great person!

If that is your picture... You reflect so much positive energy and with all do respect a beautiful face (hair to) as well!

Thank you again