PDA

View Full Version : Using Fade-in Slideshow in a Joomla site

styxlawyer
11-23-2014, 02:34 PM
1) Script Title: Fade-in Slideshow

2) Script URL (on DD): Enquiry

3) Describe problem:

I want to incorporate Fade-in slide show with a Joomla website and wondered if anyone else has already tried this. Let me explain why.

I have built a new site for a local village (see here (http://corrieandsannox.org)) and want to add a slide show for the "Noticeboard" page. There are any number of Joomla modules and plugins I could use but they all require the person in control of the noticeboard to be conversant with Joomla and its quirks. What I would like to do is have a directory where the noticeboard editor would simply upload .jpg files and the system would create the appropriate page.

The way I plan to do this is to create the appropriate empty "<div>", incorporate Fade-in Slideshow to the Joomla page and then call a php script from the which will create the instantiation of the slideshow script. That should all be possible using the Joomla "Sourcerer" plugin, but I haven't tried it yet.

Has anyone here done anything similar and could offer some hints?

styxlawyer
11-25-2014, 01:16 AM
Well I gave up trying to get anything based on Javascript or jQuery to work in a Joomla site. The scripts just get mashed.

However, I have succeeded in producing a simple noticeboard by adding <iframe></iframe> tags with the Sourcerer plugin and serving the frame contents from a php script which is separate from the Joomla installation.

If anyone has had success with getting Javascript and/or jQuery to work with a Joomla site I would be very interested to hear from them.