PDA

View Full Version : Dat extension help

vaibhav24in
02-16-2006, 07:28 AM
Hello reader!!!!!:), I have many movies file and I want to combine all files and want the resulting file with Dat extension( Actully i want to play it in my cd player). i tried windows movie maker but it's not helping it's saving file as windows movie maker project file. Somebody Can tell me please which software can do this for me? Thanks in advance!!!!!!!
Regards

Twey
02-16-2006, 12:18 PM
want the resulting file with Dat extensionIt's easy to rename a file to give it a different extension. The ".dat" extension, in Windows, generally just means it's a piece of application data; it doesn't imply any specific format.
Actully i want to play it in my cd playerInsofar as I know, there doesn't exist a video CD player, as CDs don't generally have the capacity to hold a movie. You want to extract the audio layer?

sleipner
02-16-2006, 03:36 PM
actually I think some burning programs burn to and stand-alone entertainment center dvd-players play VCDs or Video CDs, also I think theres a Super VCD disc format, not sure bout SVCD though.

but like Twey said, most movies are gonna be way too big to fit on one CD, so either the burning program would have to be able to split it onto multiple CDs (which probably isnt possible) or the movie would have to have horrible resolution and be relatively short (no putting LOTR or Star Wars on a VCD) to be small enough to fit on a CD even as just a data CD

Twey
02-16-2006, 04:20 PM
Oh, really? Hm. Ah well, check for export options in Windows Movie Maker, probably under File.