PDA

View Full Version : Something is Wrong scroll bar and wheel behaving incorrectly

DDmUSA
10-15-2014, 11:39 AM
1) Script Title: jQuery Custom Scrollbar

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/jquerycustomscrollbar/index.htm

3) Describe problem:

I tried adding the jQuery custom scrollbar to a sample home page I created. I must be doing something wrong, because the vertical scroll bar displays wrong, and the scroll wheel on the mouse does not seem to behave properly.

My sample page is located at:
http://seamlesstechnologygroup.com/dave/

DDmUSA
10-15-2014, 11:48 AM
With a height of 87px for .slickscroll_vertical_scrollbar div, I am able to see a vertical scroll bar render with a rounded top and a rounded bottom. However, the only way I can get the additional content to appear is by dragging the vertical scroll bar. The mouse wheel is not working.

Also.... what would I modify if I wanted to have a vertical scroll bar that is not as tall ? For example, if I wanted to have a word appear vertically within the scroll bar, I would edit the graphic file to include the word, but what would make the scroll bar load as a shorter element?

Beverleyh
10-15-2014, 12:32 PM
The demo appears to work fine so what I'd do if I were you, considering how simple the web page is, is create a reduced test case (from the working demo) and build it back up a few lines at a time.

Test between additions and then tackle the problems individually once you've identified them.

DDmUSA
10-15-2014, 01:47 PM
I must be missing something..... I can't find it.

Beverleyh
10-15-2014, 03:10 PM
Start with the demo download pack. Does that work as expected on your server without any modifications?

If so, add back to the page one of your own elements, plus its CSS. Check in a browser, and if all is well, move on to the next element and do the same again.

At the point where things stop working properly, if you can't locate/fix the problem yourself, post a link to that version of the page and somebody here can help you.