PDA

View Full Version : AnyLink Drop Down Menu - Making original link work

protyne
02-16-2006, 05:51 AM
Hi,

I applied the AnyLink Drop Down Menu script to the links on my page and they work beautifully.

However the original link / pic that i apply this script to does not work. When I mousover, the drop down menus appears, however if i wan to click on first original link that i mouseovered, i can't get it to work.

Can someone pls advise how do i correct this?

Thank you.

protyne
02-21-2006, 04:34 AM
Anyone can help pls?

Thank you

protyne
03-28-2006, 03:12 AM
hullo its me again. I've searched and found no answers.

Kindly help pls

Thank you very much.

jscheuer1
03-28-2006, 04:36 AM
There are at least 3 anylink scripts on DD. At least one has a variable in its configuration that controls that. Others, have an onclick event that can be removed from each individual header link. If you need more help:

Warning: Please include a link to the DD script in question in your post.

bfisher
03-28-2006, 10:31 PM
At one time I had the same issue. Instead of applying the onMouseOver to the link, try putting it on a containing <td> or <div>. I haven't actually had this problem. The Anylink Script I'm using has been fairly heavily modified. Do you have any code you can post?

protyne
03-29-2006, 01:47 AM
Hi, thanks for your replies.

I am using Anylink Dropdown Menu

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/dropmenuindex.htm

I apply it to my html like this:

<a href="news/" class="nav_menu" onclick="return clickreturnvalue()" onmouseover="dropdownmenu(this, event, menu1, '120px')" onmouseout="delayhidemenu()" >News</a>

Menu works but not the News link. User cannot click on link to enter page.

Apologies and thanks again!

jscheuer1
03-29-2006, 06:54 AM
That is the type I referred to when I said, "Others, have an onclick event that can be removed from each individual header link":

<a href="news/" class="nav_menu" onclick="return clickreturnvalue()" onmouseover="dropdownmenu(this, event, menu1, '120px')" onmouseout="delayhidemenu()" >News</a>

Assuming that href="news/" is a valid link on your site, just remove the red part.

protyne
03-31-2006, 05:54 AM
That is the type I referred to when I said, "Others, have an onclick event that can be removed from each individual header link":

Assuming that href="news/" is a valid link on your site, just remove the red part.

Thank you very much jscheuer1. Will post within guidelines in future.

Thank you again