PDA

View Full Version : stepcarousel - Nav button positions

tcrelax
09-11-2014, 10:51 PM
1) Script Title: Step Carousel Viewer

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/stepcarousel.htm

3) Describe problem: The absolute position of the default nav buttons is problematic. The position is using absolute offsets from the "origin" which is documented to be in the upper left hand corner for the left button (and upper right hand corner for the right nav button) of the container for the carousel. Using the documented method, the origin is associated with different parts of the container. The carousel I implemented has a title bar and then the usual belt and images. In Chrome (Win 7) the origin is the upper right hand corner of the title bar while the same code running in Firefox (Win 7) and IE 8 (Win 7) uses the upper right hand corner of the belt as the origin. Since the belt is below (lower) than the title bar, the nav buttons are lower down in FF and IE than in Chrome. In fact, they are outside the limits of the belt ! :confused:

It would be great to have the code use the upper right hand corner of the belt as the origin. This should, theoretically, make it consistent across the browsers I am currently testing. Though very experienced with C, C++ I have a newbie with javascript and php. Any suggestions would be appreciated. :)

tcrelax

vwphillips
09-12-2014, 11:04 AM
I have tried the DD example with the belt top at 100px;

the nav buttons align as expected with Firefox and IE8

please post a link to the problem page