PDA

View Full Version : All Levels Navigtional Menu in iframe

mematrix
09-04-2014, 06:26 AM
1) Script Title: All Levels Navigtional Menu (version 3.03)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/ddlevelsmenu/demo.htm

3) Describe problem: My home page has two iframes. 1st iframe is for header part (which has menu and logged in user details). 2nd iframe is for body.
I have included All Levels Navigtional Menu in header iframe.

Problem is menu is displayed only with in the iframe. If the menu has many items it is overflowing to the bottom iframe, instead the bottom options in menu is not displayed.
please let me know what functions need to be changed in ddlevelsmenu.js.

Beverleyh
09-05-2014, 07:17 AM
Please provide an URL to your page so we can see the problem.

mematrix
09-07-2014, 04:16 PM
Hi Beverleyh
I have attached the sample files. please see that the "All Levels Navigational Menu" is displayed only in iframe. If there are more options in the menu, it is not displayed properly.

jscheuer1
09-07-2014, 04:28 PM
Content generated on one page generally doesn't appear on another. These sort of things have been worked out for some situations, even including some menus. I generally do not go in for that though. Simply from the way you describe the situation, the easiest solution would be to make the header iframe be the top page. Then virtually any content on it could overlap the bottom (now only) iframe.

mematrix
09-07-2014, 05:14 PM
Thanks for the reply. Users can customize the home page. There are 3 different templates for home page. If menu is included in the top page, then it is repetitive work. I thought including the menu also in a iframe would be simpler.

jscheuer1
09-07-2014, 09:41 PM
How do you keep track of that, something on the server side? If so, you could have various menus load as includes depending upon the user preference - no iframe required. In any case, this very similar menu allows as an option that its contents be fetched via AJAX:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/ddsmoothmenu.htm

If it's just the style that changes, stylesheet switcher's are available, again, no iframe required.

mematrix
09-08-2014, 11:14 AM
Thanks again. Yes, from server side, user preference is controlled. The application is tied to iframe. The header iframe has few other controls in addition to menu.
We are using version v2.01 of 'All Levels Navigtional Menu'. I am trying to upgrade the menu to the latest version.

As per your suggestion, I will also try to include the header page in the home page instead of using iframe.