PDA

View Full Version : DD Image Thumbnail viewer

trae
11-18-2004, 10:57 AM
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/thumbnail.htm

Hi Dynamic Drive,
Firstly want to thank you for this awesome script. (I normally design in wysiwyg) and am a newbie in code....but wow!

Site is http://www.nolimitstrackdays.com (specifically Photo Gallery)

I stumbled accross your site looking for a way to resize the browser window in which the source image is displayed to fit the image size, and I found this code. It works beautifully on my machine (using IE6 and XP) but unfortunately not on the pc of my client!!! (He is using IE4+ and XP).
Any suggestions? Is there a way I can resize the browser window as an alternative solution for those who can't view as per the above code? Or is there some way of configuring his pc?

Please help
Many thanks

simonf
11-18-2004, 11:14 AM
Hi trae

I assume your talking about the clients window being 640x480 and on your PC using a window of 1024x768 etc As your programmed the page to fit a width of 735 pixels, you have a small issue. You could reprogram to fit his window or just update his I.E version via the XP updates. Sites that automatically resize tend to put a fixed width on either side of the page and the centre they make is scalable to 100%, thereby allowing expansion when enlarged.

rgds,Simonf.... hope this helps and what you where actually asking. ;)

trae
11-18-2004, 01:11 PM
Thanks SimonF, while I wasn't really referring to this you have answered another problem I have had. I use Frontpage2000, and I will change the table layout to deal with this. Thanx again.

My actual query refers to thumbnails. Using auto-thumbnail in FP2K a normal thumbnail will direct you to a new browser window showing the source pictures url. The browser window will be full screen, even if the picture is small. I would like to know if it is possible to resize this new browser window to fit the size of the picture, this would be cool for those for whom the DDThumbnail Viewer code doesn't work.

Is this possible? (as I said before am a newbie at code) Please help :cool: