PDA

View Full Version : Opening the 3D Notifier DD script via CSS menu button

phphead
06-06-2014, 04:18 AM
3D Drop In Notifier Panel v1.1

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/notifier.htm

Thanks for this script (And a couple of other ones I've already got working!)...it looks awesome, just trying to get it to work with a website now.
I am able to get the 3D Notifier script to work as noted - I've successfully modified the background colors, size, button/picture frame colors, etc...., but I want to open the panel via a button on a CSS menu bar (Created by www.easycssmenu.com).

The CSS menu maker allows me to call any file - all the current links are to PHP files which are separate webpages. Is it possible to link to code
that opens the panel (Staying on the current page)? Then the user can just CLOSE the panel with the button that is pre-defined.
Obviously, I don't need any code that places a button on the screen...as the button is provided for by the CSS Menu code.

Thanks in advance

phphead

vwphillips
06-06-2014, 02:43 PM
the script can be activated by

<a href="javascript:notifier.toggle();">link</a>

is the menumaker allows you to define the link HREF

try using javascript:notifier.toggle(); as the HREF

phphead
06-06-2014, 04:01 PM
the script can be activated by

<a href="javascript:notifier.toggle();">link</a>

is the menumaker allows you to define the link HREF

try using javascript:notifier.toggle(); as the HREF

Yes, it works! Thanks. I substituted the OPEN state instead of the TOGGLE state.

Earlier, I was fiddling with target="_self" , _parent, _top -- with the href referencing a php with some of the code, but it opened on a new page - your solution works great. Maybe I'll even add a mini-form in the drop down notifier.

I think your advice might help me in getting future effects to work on other CSS menus.