PDA

View Full Version : Featured Image Zoomer (now w/Multi-Zoom) v2.1 Large Image Problem

aliceaod
05-22-2014, 10:15 PM
1) Script Title: Featured Image Zoomer (now w/Multi-Zoom) v2.1

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/featuredzoomer.htm

3) Describe problem:

Using single image option.

When I zoom in and out with the mouse wheel, it moves the page up and down a little. This happens on the demo too. I am using Firefox 29.0.1. I have not tried it with other browsers yet.

I am using a thumbnail on my page and then using a larger image for the magnification (the larger image URL is entered into the code that's in the head of my page).

Zooming in and out causes the magnified image to become distorted (it's stretched from top to bottom, squeezed in at the sizes) rather than staying a static size. The whole image is displayed, not just the area that's the same as what the magnifier square is on in the thumbnail.

jscheuer1
05-23-2014, 02:00 AM
Not happening here for me on the demo page in Fx 29.0.1

Distortion of the image is usually due to unequal aspect ratios between the thumbnail and the larger image and/or some other style on the page that is effecting a max width or height for all images. If the former, make sure the thumbnail and the larger image have the same aspect ratio. If the latter, find the max width or height style and make it so it doesn't apply to .magnifyarea img, ex (add to a stylesheet for the page):

.magnifyarea img {
max-height: auto;
max-width: auto;
}

If you want more help, please include a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.