PDA

View Full Version : Loading content on occupied fadeshow page?

Phil1968
04-20-2014, 05:12 AM
Hi All,

I'm a new forum member and just a s new to coding, so please be gentle. If I try and explain what I'm attempting to accomplish may answer my question.

Currently, I have a simple photography website that is split by 2 frames. The main frame, making up 80% of the viewing page to maximise content opens on site access with a single image, with the supporting navigation at the foot of the page that calls selected pages into the main frame above. It's simple but I believe elegant and simply emphasizes the nature of the site - a photographic slideshow. The slideshows are provided by 'simpleviewer' it's functional but not what I want anymore and I feel.

What I wish to accomplish now is instead of one static image on loading the initial url I wished to use the fadeshow.js. I've managed to do this and add a series of images that fade and resize nicely giving the necessary animation on first load and also simplified access with varying devices. However, I still wish to realize my intention of retaining the navigation in the frame below. My challenge is this, when I select the 'target' for the pages to appear in the main frame above that isn't happening and the links simply open in a new window. My question is, IS THIS BECAUSE I CANNOT HAVE OTHER PAGES LOAD WHERE I HAVE FADESHOWS? I do add that the index page is made up of this main frame and the navigation frame and perhaps this is the reason.

I've tried to describe what I want to achieve and that's currently what I have, I just need to bring it up to date with dynamic resizing and interchanging images on load and also replacing my 'simpleviewer' portfolio galleries with say, several fadeshows. If you 'get' what I have currently and what I wish to retain and change you may be better to assist me.

As I say, I am very green with all this, so, please go easy.

Any help will be really appreciated, thank you.

Current website www.philhandforth.com

Beverleyh
04-20-2014, 06:50 AM
I've managed to do this and add a series of images that fade and resize nicely giving the necessary animation on first load and also simplified access with varying devices. Hmmm, I'm on iPhone at the mo but I don't see a slideshow. Have you provided the correct link - a link to the page with the slideshow or just your static home page? If you'd like help with a specific script, you should provide a link to the page that contains the script.

As for opening links in a frame, have you tried naming the frame and then using that name in the target attribute of the link? http://webdesign.about.com/cs/frameshelp/a/aaadvframes.htm

jscheuer1
04-20-2014, 02:34 PM
IS THIS BECAUSE I CANNOT HAVE OTHER PAGES LOAD WHERE I HAVE FADESHOWS?

With a frame setup, no. You probably just aren't targeting the frame properly.

If you want more help, please include a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.