PDA

View Full Version : Looking for help implementing galleriffic script on to site

chadlexmorgan
03-16-2014, 02:13 AM
Here is the link to the original script and it working properly: http://www.twospy.com/galleriffic/example-2.html

here is the temporary link to the page where the I'm trying to implement the galleriffic script: http://subjectr.startlogic.com/weddings.html

Issue: The slide show is not working properly. Not showing up at all really. I have updated the jQuery file from what the example is using at the above link and still not working correctly. Tried using old version and got the same results. The error that I keep getting is "function expected" in the script at the bottom of the page, but not sure why. Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance!!

Chad

ajfmrf
03-16-2014, 04:15 AM
Check the source to this file:

<script type="text/javascript" src="./jquery.galleriffic.js"></script>

or the path to it-it said it was not found

chadlexmorgan
03-16-2014, 04:31 AM
Sorry bout that. Path fixed.

ajfmrf
03-16-2014, 08:37 AM
in the working page you have these javascript pages listed at the top of the page.

<script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery-1.3.2.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery.galleriffic.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery.opacityrollover.js"></script>

but in the example page you have these:

<script type="text/javascript" src="./jquery-1.11.0.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="./galleriffic.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="./jquery.opacityrollover.js"></script>

Check these to make sure you got them all correctly

chadlexmorgan
03-16-2014, 01:21 PM
The working page is not mine, just where I got the scripts from. I tried using both versions of the jquery script "1.3.2" and the newer version "1.11.0" and got the same results.

chadlexmorgan
03-18-2014, 01:37 AM
Bud,

I made sure that the "jQuery-galleriffic.js" file is the same on the example page. Do you want me to plug in the older version (1.3.2) of jQuery?

ajfmrf
03-18-2014, 11:30 AM
You changed the example-2.html page

When I looked at it before it had the thumbs on the left and the larger image would load in the right side next to the thumbs.

I am confused as to what you want now.

chadlexmorgan
03-18-2014, 03:09 PM
I'm unable to make any changes to example-2.html. I'm wanting the weddings.html to look and work like examples-2.html. I've been trying to implement the example-2.html in with weddings.html but the slideshow/larger img to the right of the thumbs does not show up.

ajfmrf
03-18-2014, 06:19 PM
I made a copy using the new photos for you herehttp://www.web-user.info/test/galleria/weddings.html

chadlexmorgan
03-18-2014, 10:09 PM
Ok, last thing.. what about the controls at the top and bottom of the thumbnails? Why are those not showing.

Thanks again,
Chad

ajfmrf
03-18-2014, 10:56 PM
If you are refering to the play slideshow,previous and next links-they are there when I look at the gallery.

chadlexmorgan
03-20-2014, 04:40 PM
Those are above the slideshow, the ones Im talking about are image links above and below the thumbnails. If you look at the example-2.js again you'll see what Im talking about. Its basically page navigation. I'm wondering now though since I don't have more than one page, that could be the reason they're not showing up...

ajfmrf
03-20-2014, 08:06 PM
yep,there are only those handful of images so the next pages don't exist.The only thing you should see are the start slide show(stop slide show if it is on) and the two links next/previous all which are above the larger image

chadlexmorgan
03-20-2014, 10:02 PM
Thanks for all your help bud!