PDA

View Full Version : How to add Random to the scroller

Ponder
03-05-2014, 06:16 PM
1) Script Title: Pausing up-down Scroller

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex2/crosstick.htm

3) Describe problem: Not a problem but a request for help....I use the pausing up and down scroller and it works great....But I would like to add the ""Random"" attribute and don't know or how or where.

Can someone take a look and advise me please..

Many Thanks...Ponder

ddadmin
03-06-2014, 02:04 AM
Try changing the line:

this.content=content

to:

this.content=content.sort(function() {return 0.5 - Math.random()}) //message array content

which will automatically randomize the order of the messages when shown.

Ponder
03-06-2014, 02:41 PM
Hi...I changed the content line to your code suggestion but the scroller stopped scrolling...

Here's what the content line was when things are working correctly..just want to call different message order each time the page loads...

this.content=pausescroller.getContent(divId) //message array content

Can you help again....Many thanks..Ponder

Ok I just changed the code to this

this.content=pausescroller.getContent(divId).sort(function() {return 0.5 - Math.random()}) //message array content

And the scroller is working and is random on each page reload.....but there may be a better way to write this code....can you advise me.....many thanks again...Ponder

ddadmin
03-06-2014, 11:56 PM
Ok I just changed the code to this

this.content=pausescroller.getContent(divId).sort(function() {return 0.5 - Math.random()}) //message array content

And the scroller is working and is random on each page reload.....but there may be a better way to write this code....can you advise me.....many thanks again...Ponder

I'm a little confused- so the modified code does work for you? If so whats the new problem?

Ponder
03-07-2014, 04:02 AM
No new problem....but I added your code suggestion to part of the code that was already in place and since I am a novice at this, I am wondering if the way the code looks now ...part of what was there and your new code suggestion...is ok and clean....

thanks..Ponder

vwphillips
03-08-2014, 04:20 PM
you say your code contains this line

this.content=pausescroller.getContent(divId) //message array content

this line does not exist in the current DD pausescroller script

please post the code and HTML you are using