PDA

View Full Version : Switch Menu / Firefox problems

don817
02-10-2006, 05:00 AM
Am having problems when testing the site with Firefox.

The menu on the left will start going up and down the left column
as you click page to page. You can hit reload and it goes back to
the right place. No problems with Explorer. Any ideas on what
the problem is? Its sorta random. Sometimes you just need to
click on one or two buttons, other times 4-5 before the problem
starts showing up.

Thanks.

http://www.woundcarestrategies.com/newsite/welcome.html

jscheuer1
02-10-2006, 06:25 AM
Too many nested tables, you are confusing the heck out of the browser. Not to mention me, and I'm not easily confused.

don817
02-10-2006, 09:31 PM
Thanks. I didn't do the HTML. Do you think that they would run into the same problems if they switched the menu out for another one with Firefox? Unless they redid the HTML code.

jscheuer1
02-10-2006, 09:44 PM
It's possible, the only way to be sure would be to test. However, the HTML is very wasteful as far as load time goes. The page would load much faster without so many nested tables and, as many of them contain nothing but another nested table, those can be eliminated without changing the appearance of the page. Once the HTML is pared down to the essentials, if that doesn't resolve the problem, playing with the height attribute might take care of it as height="100%" which is featured for many of the nested tables is ambiguous - 100% of the page? 100% of the window? 100% of the screen? 100% of the containing element? It looks as though FF is having a hard time figuring this out and instead of just giving up and picking one, alternates between two or more ways of interpreting it.