PDA

View Full Version : Touch Image Gallery eratic behaviour

Red Fox
02-13-2014, 05:19 AM
1) Script Title: Touch Image Gallery

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/touchgallery.htm

3) Describe problem: erratic behaviour and missing images

I have tried using the HTML suggested at the Script URL site on both localhost and at http://seafarers.dx.am/touchGallery/test.php and get different erratic behaviours with various browsers. I have tried up to date versions of Firefox, IE, Google Chrome and Opera with similar erratic results. The buttons in the <ul> do not appear to operate as expected. After a number of correct displays of consecutive images, I get a number of blanks before images start displaying again.
All .JPG images ARE at the site. Google Chrome appears to be the best in that, with some effort, all images can be displayed, but it comes up with the "Aw Snap!" error message after displaying a number of images correctly. It almost appears there is a capacity problem in the number of images displayed.

Has anyone had any good experiences with this script with a large number of images ? Any suggestions as to how to correct ?

You can see my source code by using Firefox / Web Developer / Page Source on the Firefox pull-down tab.

Deadweight
02-14-2014, 12:27 AM
Your website doesnt work so i cant view your code

Red Fox
02-14-2014, 02:44 AM
Thanks for the attempt/ My apologies - the URL should be http://seafarers.dx.am/touchGallery/test.php

Regards

Red Fox
02-14-2014, 02:49 AM
I have recently found that Safari shows ALL images, although the buttons do not behave as expected.

Red Fox
02-14-2014, 02:55 AM
If I hover over the left middle side (Back one image) or over the middle right side (Forward one image) the images progress as expected, although I am guessing there should be a forward or backward arrow image in place of the question mark ? Any idea where the image source should be specified ?

Deadweight
02-14-2014, 02:22 PM
Yes, it seems like you are missing the image files for the arrows.

Red Fox
02-14-2014, 05:06 PM
Hello Crazykid69 ! Thanks for the reinforcement. I passed over step 4 of the instructions originally. I now have the arrows uploaded and that part works properly. Do you have any personal experience with Touch-Image-Gallery ? I am looking for a bug-free application that will display photos with minimum effort. I used to use the "web gallery" option of an older version of Photoshop, but that is no longer available to me. That method presented a scrollable left panel of thumbnails approx. 2 inches wide, with captions, which on click would display the photo in a right panel approx. 4 x 4 inches. I am not proficient in javascript. I don't know if it is my poor coding or if the application is inherently buggy across multiple browsers. As I mentioned earlier, the only browser that displays ALL photos appears to be Safari. I need a simple method that is compatible with all browsers. If you have any recommendations of any other (free) applications that would do the job I would appreciate your input.

Regards

Deadweight
02-21-2014, 02:54 AM
If you are still here I can create you one.

Red Fox
02-21-2014, 03:06 AM
If you are still here I can create you one.

That would be great. Thank you.

Regards

Lorne

Deadweight
02-21-2014, 03:13 AM
Is there a way I can contact you to make this fast? EG skype or something?
To know what you want and how you want it.

Red Fox
02-21-2014, 06:08 AM
i think i am about 5 hours behind you. (i am gmt - 5). skype im works for me. i will check mail at 1300 gmt in hopes you can specify a reasonable time for us both. i can be available from 1400 gmt onwards. my skype name is renard.rouge . regards, red fox.

Red Fox
02-21-2014, 01:01 PM
checking for response

Red Fox
02-21-2014, 05:03 PM
An example of what I would like to achieve is the old Photoshop layout shown at http://seafarers.dx.am/sea/photos/2012_Nov_18/index.htm

Specs include
1. works across all browsers, operating systems, and devices (for example, the above URL works ok on Windows with Firefox or Safari, but on Ipad with Safari there is no scroll bar and the picture on right is often displaced down.)
2. no flash. (excludes most apple devices)

I have sent Skype contact request.

Regards

Lorne