PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question....Page Resizing, Any Ideas?

tedteeter
02-08-2014, 07:22 PM
Greetings, Feb 7th, 2014

While I have tried numerous approaches to resize my sites main page, index,php, I have yet to locate a process that seems effective?. A simple basic page that retains a large table that has not had CSS applied while various internal parts have CSS to retain sizes exampled by image tags etc. I have tried “window.resizeTo(1200,700)” as an invoked function from within the “Body onload” however, this attempt failed. What would be an effective “Javascript” approach to resizing the site to fill the browser window when the user maximizes their browser….any ideas?

Appreciatively,
Ted

Beverleyh
02-08-2014, 07:57 PM
I can't see there being a more effective or efficient way than with CSS - either using percentage widths to create a fluid layout, or using media queries to adapt layout and measures at certain breakpoints. CSS can be cached and rendered immediately on page load whereas a JavaScript solution would need to redraw the layout and you'd probably get a jarring flash while the layout jolts to fit.

You say your page is simple so a few CSS edits should be relatively easy to make.

Maybe I'm not fully understanding your needs though. Please provide a link to you page so we can see what you're working with.

tedteeter
02-18-2014, 04:06 PM
Beverleyh, Feb 18th 2014

While this is a late reply, bad weather has kept me dealing with snow accumulations, I would allow a thanks for your efforts as the transitions to percentages did assist, however, the page is 90% graphics so there was much change! I did however acquire the desired effect when I utilized CSS zoom option over the page looks nice while there was a need to remember external imported pages needed the application of the zoom css. I wanted to share the quick resolve with the readers and to offer my appreciation for your efforts!

Appreciatively,
Ted