PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Fade-in slideshow (v2.4)

Jacqui
01-28-2014, 12:26 PM
I have tried the Ultimate Fade-in slideshow (v2.4)and it is great. I would like to know if it is possible to have one picture preloaded to prevent a black image before the slideshow begins.
Thank you
Jacqui

jscheuer1
01-28-2014, 01:46 PM
Preloading takes just as long as loading. So, if you were to preload this image on another page, yes. In fact as long as you are not using the random feature of the slideshow, you could simply preload its first image. That is if you have another page or pages that are normally viewed before the one with the slideshow on it.

Another option is to use overriding css style to set the background of the slideshow to an image. However, that image must either already be loaded, or be quick to load, or else it won't make much difference. The background color of the slideshow can be changed with overriding style as well, that is often the best option (where fadeshow1 is the wrapperid):

#fadeshow1, .gallerylayer {background-color: white !important;}

This slideshow is supposed to show a small animated .gif image while it is loading. But due to a bug in the code, this is never seen. I have an update (right click and 'Save As'):

http://home.comcast.net/~jscheuer1/side/inmotion/js/fadeslideshow.js

that corrects that. You also need the loading image:

If you want more help, please include a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.