PDA

View Full Version : Scrollable content script II

UpNorthEh
02-08-2006, 07:14 PM
There is always about 2-3 inches of empty space at the bottom of the pages that I'm creating with this scrollable textbox... how do I get rid of this?

Here is the site I'm doing:

http://www.hipmommiesphatbabies.ca/signs.html

Can anyone please tell me how to reduce that empty space to be maybe 1/4 of an inch or less?

jscheuer1
02-08-2006, 09:22 PM
function movedown(){
if (iens6&&parseInt(crossobj.style.top)>=(contentheight*(-1)+100))
crossobj.style.top=parseInt(crossobj.style.top)-speed+"px"
else if (ns4&&crossobj.top>=(contentheight*(-1)+100))
crossobj.top-=speed
movedownvar=setTimeout("movedown()",20)
}

Play with those 100's. The first is really the only one that counts but, once you have it adjusted to your liking, duplicate it for the second one (the first is for modern browsers, the second for old NS4). Contrary to what one might think, actually increasing the number is what I think you need to do, try 150.

UpNorthEh
02-09-2006, 12:05 AM
Where do I put this code and how do I call this function in the scrollable content script II code?

jscheuer1
02-09-2006, 05:39 AM
That code is already in the script exactly as shown in my post. All you need do is find it and change the 100's to 150's. See if that works, if not, probably increasing it more or less or decreasing it will do the trick.

UpNorthEh
02-09-2006, 05:58 AM
Thank you so much... I turned those 2 numbers to 300 and it was perfect! Who would have thought a larger number would make that work! hahaha

Thank you thank you thank you!