PDA

View Full Version : Conveyor Belt slide show live script?

*Starnova*
02-08-2006, 04:48 PM
Hello..
I am using the conveyor belt slideshow as a top banner on a site. The problem is that when the page is previewed on IE I get a warning to install active X and I don't want users to have to do that each time they go to the page. Is there a specific live page script that I can use to prevent the pop up blocker and activeX warning?

Thank you

Twey
02-08-2006, 04:52 PM
This is because it's a local file. You can either upload it to a host, or give it the rather grandly-named mark of the web (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/dhtml/overview/motw.asp).

*Starnova*
02-08-2006, 05:49 PM
Okay..but see when I do load it up to my server it does the same thing... I know I had a live scrip that was given to me several months ago.. I just don't know how to make the page live for the top banner slideshow. Where can I find that one line script?

Twey
02-08-2006, 06:23 PM
Okay..but see when I do load it up to my server it does the same thing...That's odd - do you use any other embedded technologies on the page (Java, ActiveX, Flash...)?

jscheuer1
02-08-2006, 09:30 PM
Okay..but see when I do load it up to my server it does the same thing... I know I had a live scrip that was given to me several months ago.. I just don't know how to make the page live for the top banner slideshow. Where can I find that one line script?

There is little hope of resolving this without a link to the page, unless you just happen to have your browser's live security settings set to high or customized to prompt before running active scripting.

Tools>

Internet Options>

Security>

Custom Level>

Then scroll to near the bottom and make sure 'Active Scripting' and Scripting of Java Applets' are both enabled.

Otherwise:

PLEASE: Include the URL to your problematic webpage that you want help with.

*Starnova*
02-09-2006, 06:16 PM
Thank you so much for all your help. I have resolved that situation but am working on the page..and it takes too long to load. Is there an instant on script or something? I have to resize the slide show.. please have a look at the page I am woking on here:http://cajun.dyndns.org:7400/rose/Fast time Graphics.
Thank you again..

jscheuer1
02-09-2006, 06:53 PM
Your link is most likely wrong, it will not display at all. Try not using spaces in the address/filename and not including a period in the address at the end. Also, try including the page's full name:

filename.ext

Twey
02-09-2006, 07:04 PM
It does work... s/he probably had his/her server turned off (do I smell home hosting? :))

jscheuer1
02-09-2006, 07:09 PM
I see it now. To speed up this page's loading, compress the images using a good image optimizing program and get rid of nested tables in the layout.

Starnova
02-09-2006, 10:48 PM
Your link is most likely wrong, it will not display at all. Try not using spaces in the address/filename and not including a period in the address at the end. Also, try including the page's full name:

filename.ext
That I will do when I complete the site.. this is just a practice and for the person I am making it for to make any changes etc..

Starnova
02-09-2006, 10:49 PM
I see it now. To speed up this page's loading, compress the images using a good image optimizing program and get rid of nested tables in the layout.

What optimizing program is recommend?

jscheuer1
02-10-2006, 05:46 AM
I use and would recommend xat.com's Image Optimizer Pro. There are many others available and I haven't done any real testing, so this is just a case of my having tried the one and liked the result. Generally I find that with it I can achieve a much smaller file size for my images than I have seen anywhere else with little or no loss in quality. It is a bit of an art and familiarizing oneself with the program really pays off. There are also online optimizers. They usually do not have as many options, so are easier to use but, cannot achieve as much compression. Still, some is better than none and often sufficient. DD has one such online optimizer (http://tools.dynamicdrive.com/imageoptimizer/).