PDA

View Full Version : Step Carousel IE 10 Errors - Unable to get property 'offsetParent' and 'stop'

lg1382
11-14-2013, 07:08 AM
1) Script Title: Step Carousel IE 10 Errors - Unable to get property 'offsetParent' and 'stop'

2) Script URL (on DD): Step Carousel v1.9

3) Describe problem: I recently noticed that my Win7 OS updated to IE 10. Now, when I view my site with the Step Carousel viewer, I'm getting javascript errors in IE 10. FF continues to work fine. The error message is, "JavaScript runtime error: Unable to get property 'offsetParent' of undefined or null reference." When debugging, I can choose "Continue" in the Visual Studio error window and the page finishes loading. The carousel viewer seems to work 100% fine. When not debugging, I'm presented with a browser dialog that allows me to "hide" these types of errors, and too will finish loading and the carousel works as it always has. Then, when I leave the page, I get another error, this time the message is "JavaScript runtime error: Unable to get property 'stop' of undefined or null reference." I have no idea why this has started happening. The only things that have changed is the IE 10 update, and I also updated the site (including these pages) to use the latest version of the Google Maps API (V3). As I mentioned, Firefox still works great... and IE technically works also... but it's popping up error messages and that's not good.

Here is my implementation code that worked warning/error free prior to IE 10:

<script type="text/javascript" src="../../stepcarousel.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">

stepcarousel.setup({
galleryid: 'mygallery', //id of carousel DIV
beltclass: 'belt', //class of inner "belt" DIV containing all the panel DIVs
panelclass: 'panel', //class of panel DIVs each holding content
autostep: { enable: true, moveby: 1, pause: 5000 },
panelbehavior: { speed: 900, wraparound: true, wrapbehavior: 'slide', persist: true },
defaultbuttons: { enable: true, moveby: 1, leftnav: ['../../images/left.gif', 0, 80], rightnav: ['../../images/right.gif', -24, 80] },
statusvars: ['statusA', 'statusB', 'statusC'], //register 3 variables that contain current panel (start), current panel (last), and total panels
contenttype: ['inline'] //content setting ['inline'] or ['ajax', 'path_to_external_file']
});
stepcarousel.setup({
galleryid: 'presgallery', //id of carousel DIV
beltclass: 'belt', //class of inner "belt" DIV containing all the panel DIVs
panelclass: 'panel', //class of panel DIVs each holding content
autostep: { enable: true, moveby: 1, pause: 5000 },
panelbehavior: { speed: 900, wraparound: true, wrapbehavior: 'slide', persist: true },
defaultbuttons: { enable: true, moveby: 1, leftnav: ['../../images/left.gif', 0, 80], rightnav: ['../../images/right.gif', -24, 80] },
statusvars: ['statusA1', 'statusB1', 'statusC1'], //register 3 variables that contain current panel (start), current panel (last), and total panels
contenttype: ['inline'] //content setting ['inline'] or ['ajax', 'path_to_external_file']
});
</script>

jscheuer1
11-15-2013, 02:23 AM
Warning: Please include a link to the DD script(s) in question in your post. See this post (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7) for more information.

How many step carousel galleries do you have on the page? The code in your post shows 2 being setup. If you have only one, get rid of the code that sets up the one that you do not have.

The browser cache may need to be cleared and/or the page refreshed to see changes.

If you want more help, please include a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.