PDA

View Full Version : DD Tab Menu formatting question

paulrobe
02-07-2006, 03:08 AM
I would like to change the link color of the sub-menu. I have tried to add it to the tabcontent class, but this doesn't seem to work. For example:

.tabcontent a:link {
display:none;
color: #fff;
text-decoration: none;
}

.tabcontent a:visited {
}

.tabcontent a:hover {
}

.tabcontent a:active {
}

Also, I have played around with the display:none; but this didn't help either...

any ideas?

jscheuer1
02-07-2006, 05:19 AM
This is all you need:

.tabcontent a {
color: #0fa;
background-color#fff;
}

Don't make the display:none or else the links won't show up at all. Don't use a color like #fff that will blend into the default background, unless you've changed it. Also, whenever you specify a foreground color using the color: property, specify a background color for those user's whose default background may be set to your foreground color. The text-decoration:none merely removes the customary underlining from the links, so skip that too unless you want the links not to be obvious to the users.

paulrobe
02-07-2006, 06:57 PM
Thanks, this solved the link color issue. However, I have more more problem. When I load the page the sublinks are 'stacked' beneath the main tabs. Once you mouseover the tabs a few times, the menu looks like it should. How can I get the page to load with the sublinks not showing until mouseover?

Thanks. Here is the test page: http://www.bilbyweb.com/test/test.htm

any help is appreciated.

jscheuer1
02-08-2006, 07:11 AM
You may have have taken what I said about display:none; too much to heart or, you just forgot to keep this style declaration:

.tabcontent{
}

Whatever you style for the tabcontent links:

.tabcontent a{
links styles go here
}

The tabcontent must be still set to display:none; otherwise, you will see one or all of the link sets until the menu is moused over once and the script takes over the styling dynamically, which is what is happeniing now. So, just add that block (first style block in this message) back in, and it will be fine.

It is a matter of differentiating between styles applied to each individual link, and style for each link set.

paulrobe
02-10-2006, 03:08 AM
oh i see. thanks very much. works great!:)