PDA

View Full Version : Bug in WOW Slider transition

christianbarkholt
10-30-2013, 09:10 PM
Hi there,

I've often found Dynamic Drive particularly helpful whenever I had any kind of coding question related to the website I manage. Usually, I just search through the forum and find someone who has asked the question already. But this time, it seems, my question is a little too specific.

Some months ago, I took responsibility for the website of a small not-for-profit group that renovates and rents out a Swedish vacation home.

I have only a very basic experience with coding (primarily html), why I use WOW Slider (4.7) for slide shows. This works just fine on all my pages, except the front page. Here the transition effect ("basic linear" - which means the image just slides out when the next one slides in) does not work as intended:

While the image does slide from one side to the other, it also makes a small "jump" (seemingly just a couple of pixels) - this is not intended, it looks clumsy, and I would very much appreciate any help stopping this from happening.

This might, as far as I can tell, be either a javascript or a css coding problem (although I cannot rule out html).

Again, I don't have a whole lot of coding experience - so in advance: I'm sorry if I ask stupid/basic follow-up questions.

Here is the website: http://kulsvierhytten.dk/nyforsi.html

Hope you can help.

Yours,

Christian.

jscheuer1
10-31-2013, 07:00 AM
Try it without the first image. If that fixes it, crop 1 pixel from the top or bottom of the first image, it's 1px taller than the others.

christianbarkholt
11-02-2013, 08:20 PM
Thanks,

That fixed it. I can't believe I didn't even think about looking at the images myself.

Again, thanks for solving my problem.

Christian.