PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Ajax Content kill all my javascripts

Olisur
02-06-2006, 02:14 PM
Hi, everytime I use dynamic content with this ajax script, automatically and instantly the other javascripts running are closed/stoped/killed. It happends when I click on the links.

The javascript included into the websites is not executed neither.

So there are 2 problems, the actual javascripts running are closed, and the javascript included in the incoming pages are not executed.

You can see by yourself the problem at: http://english.adooland.com . (this is a beta website and is not open to the public yet).

As you can see, there are some dynamicdrive javascript running, the floating bar, and the drop down menus you can see when you move the mouse on the small pictures of girls, boys, etc.

Both are killed for example, when you press on HOME in the main menu on the left... or in any of the last forum posts shown in the main page... and is excecuted the ajax javascript that I have setup on the whole site. After that, the menu (is also javascript) doesn't appear, and the floating bar is killed and also all the menus. Is the total destruction... ;)

The problem still happening even when I use this ajax content script on a small part of the website, as for example dynamicdrive does in the tryout demo.

:(

Twey
02-06-2006, 03:18 PM
All works fine here...
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-GB; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051201 Fedora/1.5-1.1.fc4.nr Firefox/1.5

Olisur
02-06-2006, 04:17 PM
What is All for you? What do you mean?

Have you checked the link I posted? Scripts stops when using the ajax script. Tested in IE, FF and Opera.

Please click on the Home link in the main menu and see how the floating bar disappear , the drop down menus doens't work and the main menu is not shown any more.

Twey
02-06-2006, 05:14 PM
Ah, I see. Firstly, we have this:
woco_moz = {
init : function (dbSrc, oEl) {
oEl = (typeof(oEl) == 'string')? document.getElementById(oEl) : oEl;At some point, this is called with (I presume) an invalid ID.
Secondly, it is interesting that the whole page seems to be reloaded when clicking "Home." Try setting onclick="return false;" in the home link.