PDA

View Full Version : Remove Render-Blocking JavaScripts

crish
10-22-2013, 11:19 AM
Hi,

I am using google page speed tool to check my site page speed. But every time i have problem with "Remove Render-Blocking JavaScripts".

Because of that I am not getting proper result.

SO , how can i solve this issue for page speed. I check google tutorial but not getting actually what they want to say.

Please give me a proper suggestion.

Thanks,

jscheuer1
10-22-2013, 01:59 PM
I don't think that's preventing the proper result. It is the result. It's saying to remove render blocking javascript. Those are scripts that delay the loading of the visible part of the page. If you Google it the top result is:

http://www.feedthebot.com/pagespeed/render-blocking.html

That article explains in plain language what a render blocking script is and how to deal with it. Read it for more information.

In many cases all you need to do is move your scripts to the end of the page, right before the closing </body> tag. That way the page can render before the scripts load. Some scripts cannot wait that long though. In cases like that, they may need to be changed. Sometimes a lot, sometimes just a little. Sometimes a different yet similar script can be used. As an example, a script may need to initially hide something or a bunch of things. This can be done more efficiently with css. The script can take it from there once the page is parsed (rendered).