PDA

View Full Version : Referring URL block / redirect script needed

normvogel
02-05-2006, 04:49 PM
Hi!

I'm looking for a script that will determine the url that a person coming onto my site is coming from.

If it's a certain one, to block them from entering my site, or (better!) redirect them to a url of my own choosing.

Thank you!

Norm Vogel

Twey
02-05-2006, 05:25 PM
This would be better done server-side, but anyway...

<script type="text/javascript">
var fromurl = "gurgle.com"; // URL to block
var tourl = "http://www.google.com/"; // URL to send to

if(document.referrer.indexOf(fromurl) window.location.replace(tourl);
</script>

normvogel
02-05-2006, 05:54 PM
:)

Thank you so VERY much! btw....noticed the Pentagram...r u Wiccan?

If so pls check out my site: www.witchfacts.net

Happy Imbolc!

Norm

Twey
02-05-2006, 06:34 PM
The pentagram (and pentacle) have been around for far longer than Wicca; it's only the latest in a series of religions to adopt it :) I was Wiccan for a few years, and still follow Wiccan philosophical and metaphysical ideas and practices, but I had some odd notions about the nature of deity that didn't fit with it (that I've been intending to write a paper on for three years), and as gods are a pretty major thing to disagree with any religion about, I no longer count myself as Wiccan. I found the sixth item on your list particularly interesting, after Bush's refusal to allow Wiccan soldiers in the US army the right to practice ritual.
As for the difference between "witchcraft" and "Wicca," it's simple: Wicca is a religion; witchcraft is the practice of magick (using methods other than the physical to alter, or attempt to alter, the course of events) seen in many religions, although not always under the same name.

Happy Imbolc!And you :)

normvogel
02-05-2006, 06:42 PM
"As for the difference between "witchcraft" and "Wicca," it's simple:"

Not so "simple"! People have been debating/arguing/fighting over THAT for YEARS! I just use the terms interchangeably.

Norm

Twey
02-05-2006, 06:58 PM
Ah, well, that's how I've always seen it :) Looking through the web, it does seem that a lot of people use the words interchangably as you do; however, you're the first person I've ever met who does so. They obviously aren't the same, however, as witchcraft has existed for far longer than Wicca has had its name, and possibly its existence, depending on who you believe.

normvogel
02-05-2006, 07:10 PM
"Wic", or "Wikka" is the older term! ("To Bend").

"Witch" ("Wise One") is the (relatively) newer term......at the very TOP of my website, i discuss this.

Norm

Twey
02-05-2006, 07:42 PM
"Wic", or "Wikka" is the older term!But not "Wicca," the modern term derived from it. While the religion, in one of many forms, may have existed for a long time, I don't count it as having been the same religion until it was established as such, with its current name.
However, I see your point :)