PDA

View Full Version : Resolved Bring DIV popup back to the top..any ideas how to achieve this??

tedteeter
10-15-2013, 11:42 PM
Bring DIV popup back to the top..any ideas how to achieve this?

Greetings, Oct 15th 2013
Briefly, below I have furnished several attempts to bring an already opened DIV popup to the top of a couple of div popups when content within the div on the page has changed. Altering the z-index hasn't effected the "Ontop State" as forums around the net often have allowed it would. The z-index works fine when just opening the DIV popup, however, doesn't bring them back to the top when the z-index is set higher, highest. I used a function on the parent page and called it and a alert allowed the correct call to the function. Any ideas, I tried self-focus...any ideas how to bring the div popup back to the top??

//document.getElementById('networkmessage').self.focus();
//document.getElementById('networkmessage').style.z-index='2000';

Appreciatively,
Ted

Deadweight
10-16-2013, 02:59 AM
Any website to view this? The problem may not be the javascript.

tedteeter
10-16-2013, 03:37 AM
Crazykid69,
Appreciate your response! Actually there is to much code to expect anyone to go through! Have you yourself ever experienced the "DIV popup come from behind several other div popups to the top by altering the z-index or zIndex?

tedteeter
10-17-2013, 02:43 AM
Okay!...this problem was solved after I located a reference to "zIndex.zOrder=d" in a lib file which conflicted with the stack..all works after the fix....I appreciate the efforts on those that have read the post....Thanks!
Appreciatively,
Ted