PDA

View Full Version : Chrome CSS Dropdown menu

mk47funk
02-03-2006, 06:52 PM
How do I get my links centered? The container <div> tag sets the nav bar at 680 pixels. All my links are on the lefthand side of the bar, with a lot of blank space on the right.

I either need to center my buttons, or have them take a percentage of the width (for example, 5 buttons at 20% width each)

I've messed with the float in the .css documents but i'm no expert on this, and it turns out pretty bad. Any help?

Fentiger
03-07-2006, 04:08 PM
Hi, I also would like to know how to center the Chrome drop down menu on a page. I can only either float it left or right, but not align to the center

Would appreciate anyone's help

Fen :confused:

ddadmin
03-08-2006, 07:18 AM
There was a thread about this- in a nutshell, I made a crack at centering the menu items, though the way it's constructed, using floats, it turned out more difficult than I thought.

I'll have to revisit this issue again when I have time. It may even require a different set of CSS altogether.

Fentiger
03-08-2006, 08:11 PM
Thanks for your reply. I did a search and found the other thread about this subject, so I apologise.

I have actually managed to partly solve the problem, all be it by increasing the left hand padding for the menu to give the impression it is centred. I then managed to remove the last divider graphic so the only dividers are inbetween the text.

Thanks again :)