PDA

View Full Version : Double Back ground Image through CSS

alexus
02-03-2006, 09:55 AM
Helloooo!!!! :D

using both explorer and firefox - myspace issue.

simple page design, bit of flash and a nice looking fixed position image on the top right of the screen. now i've played around with copying the code from the generated style sheet to enable me to place another fixed image on the opisite side of the screen ( top-left).

i just can't seem to figure it out, even with some of the CSS tutorials on hand.

the DIV layer method has a few glitches in both explorer and fire fox.

www.myspace.com/flusteredpeacocks

as you can see the image on the top right stays put.

i'd like to know how to use a horizontally flipped image in the same way, on the other side.....

i'm no pro, but i know enough to do what i need to do, but in this case the method and knowledge evades me.....

:confused:

Alexus-

jscheuer1
02-03-2006, 11:47 AM
In most browsers it is a simple matter to add additional fixed background images. Just add something like this below your body tag:

<div style="display:block!important;display:none;width:50px;height:435px;position:fixed;top:0;left:0;background-image:url('http://www.users.bigpond.com/rmeeking/images/left.jpg')"></div>

Change the dimensions of the division to those of your image and the url for the image to that of the mirror image one. In IE, things are much more complicated and due to the fact that you have such involved css style (much more complex that it needs to be, I am sure) at various spots all over and attached to your page, not to mention the ads over which you have no control, it would be virtually impossible to use css. Perhaps a floating division type script could handle the duty for IE.