PDA

View Full Version : Specifying the Number of Images in a Gallery?

wcamp
08-31-2013, 04:15 AM
1) Script Title: Simple Controls Gallery v1.4

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/simplegallery.htm

3) Describe problem: The slideshow works with four images; when I increase the number, the slideshow disappears. Is there a limit to the number of slides in this simple gallery? Otherwise, must I enter the number of desired slides (21 each) in a specific location on the web page or js file? I dont 'see any mention of this on the DD site.

Thanks for your help with this.

jscheuer1
08-31-2013, 04:37 AM
There's virtually no limit. The images in the gallery are images on the page though, so if you have a ton of them, they will slow down the loading of the page, just like a page with no gallery that has a ton of images on it would.

But that has nothing to do with the problem you're seeing. And no, you don't have to specify the number of images.

Most likely the problem is due to a syntax error, missing or extra comma(s) and/or quote mark(s) are the most common ones. But there can be others, and it might be something else.

If you want more help, please include a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.