PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Ajax Content

finalen
01-31-2006, 04:48 PM
Dynamic Ajax Content
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ajaxcontent.htm

I've seen this question asked once before but no answer was given, I have a feeling there isn't one. :(

In my attempt to no longer use tables or old markup, like framesets, I came to use this script - and totaly love it. The only missing element, the ability to load up a page that will display a specific div.. with frames, I can call a page (a frameset) and have it load different pages at the same time and from the same link.

So, essentially I want to load "films.html?ajaxpage('film-videodrome', 'idiv');" - I know that's totaly wrong, but is my example.

Is there any easy way to do this, some extra js I can plugin to be able to do this? Or do I have to go back to using the tired old frames method?

Thanks!

ddadmin
02-01-2006, 03:35 AM
Hmmm i'm trying to understand your question, or what you mean by "the ability to load up a page that will display a specific div." Can you elaborate?

finalen
02-01-2006, 07:08 PM
Like one would with a link to a frameset or an iframe.

Before, we were using an iframe on the films page to load up each movie's info.
On any directors bio page we have links pointing to movies that they had made - so we load up the films page and at the same time load up a file into the iframe - src="films.html?film-video.html" - which of course works fine.

I've recently tried out the Dynamic Ajax Content script, replacing the iframes to be more complient, and it works beautifully as well, except for the fact that I can't have a link on a bio page, loading up the films page with the particular film's info, as I used to be able to with the iframes.

I realize that this ajax script wasn't designed to do this, but it sure would be nice for people who are trying to stay away from old html tags to be able to do this, with this lovely script.. you know, css is the future and all that. ;)

There must be some way to do this... ?

tensuke
03-03-2006, 07:03 PM
Yeah...My site uses Ajax,and I'd like to have a URL that links to the page and loads a specific page.Like site.com/index.html:news.html&content
Whatever code really,but yeah,I would be soo happy if someone did this...