PDA

View Full Version : Disable right mouse click script

Jim Weinberg
01-31-2006, 03:40 PM
Is there any way to use this script (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex9/noright.htm) in a frames page?

Twey
01-31-2006, 04:07 PM
Certainly: put it on the frameset page.
Before you do so, though, I'd like to point out that this script offers no actual benefits (except in, for example, a DHTML game where the normal right-click functions would be a nuisance [with the big ugly alert disabled, of course]) and may irritate your users.

Jim Weinberg
02-01-2006, 12:13 PM
Twey.

Thanks. I tried to put it in the Frames page, just the way the instructions said, but it didn't work. The right mouse button was still enabled.

BTW, I realize that this is not foolproof, but its a start at keeping my stuff safe.

Twey
02-01-2006, 03:59 PM
You might need to put it on all the pages in the frames as well.

its a start at keeping my stuff safe.

I'd like to point out that this script offers no actual benefits
I don't think I know anyone who'd know what to do with an image nicked off your site who couldn't get around this script in little more time than it would take them to right-click->save the image normally.

Jim Weinberg
02-01-2006, 07:09 PM
Yea, you're probably right, but I don't know any other way to protect the stuff I'm doing. I'm not a great page developer, but I've been told that my graphics are pretty neat. By adults, too.

Is there a way to protect against people just copying them and using them? Am I being paranoid?

Jim

Twey
02-01-2006, 07:49 PM
It's called a copyright statement :) You could also look into watermarking your images.