PDA

View Full Version : How would I go about this?

Avison
01-30-2006, 01:16 PM
I want to create a script that uses an outside text file to dynamically display a parts of the text file. Basically create a web page based on text within a single exterior file. Anyone have any ideas? The text file will supposidly contain school grades and update automatically and display on the webpage updated. I looked into the document object model and dident find much. Any help would be appreciated. :)

jscheuer1
01-30-2006, 09:49 PM
Look over the various scripts listed on this page (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/indexb.html) to see if any are close.

Twey
01-31-2006, 04:25 PM
You'd be best using a server-side script.

Avison
02-01-2006, 01:51 PM
The idea was to create a script that searches through a bunch of nearby text files and only pulls out certain text related to the thing you searched for. Like say I search for student ID 09184256, it would make a new page showing the grades from all 7 of his teachers grade files and display it for him to use.
Basically I have to make a script which allows for a user imputed search for his ID and displays his grades from 7 seperate files based on where his ID is located in those text files.
Im looking at the pages you posted too, they w where helpful. Thanks :)