PDA

View Full Version : Adding cookie function to jquery Pageslide script & noconflict to work with IPB

earl
06-21-2013, 11:03 AM
Hey guys, my own javascript skills are near enough non-existant and so I'd like to pay somebody to modify an existing script to suit my needs. The script I'd like to tweak is this: http://srobbin.com/jquery-plugins/pageslide/

I'd like two modifications:

1) I'd like it so that the modal pageslide remains toggled open when following internal links/refreshing the page. The developer informed me that this could be achieved using the cookie plugin (http://javascriptmvc.com/docs.html#!jQuery.cookie). If somebody could tweak the plugin for me to achieve this, that would be fab.

2) I intend to use this on IPB forum software, which uses a different javascript library to jqeury and thus many jquery plugins don't work. This can be worked around by using 'noconflict', however I can never work out where to put this, and so if this could be done for me as well, that would be fab. I can provide access to the software if you need to test it out.

I'm willing to pay around the $30-$50 mark for this. I don't think this should be particularly challenging to anyone with competence in javascript. If you're interested in helping out, message me here or reply to this thread and we'll chat some more.

earl
08-01-2013, 11:50 AM
Anyone?

jscheuer1
08-01-2013, 08:58 PM
I can do that. It will take 2 hrs to setup and test the cookie part. That's $100 US payable in advance. (see my PayPal link in my sig at the end of this post).

As for using it with jQuery.noConflict(), that's simple as long as IPB allows you to setup the order of scripts in the head as you see fit. If on the other hand you have to let it put its scripts first, it can get tricky, might even be impossible. Also depending upon which library IPB uses, it might have to be updated to a more recent version, or might be incompatible with jQuery even in noConflict mode.

But as long as there's none of those problems, just put the external script tag for jQuery before all scripts followed by:

<script type="text/javascript">
jQuery.noConflict();
</script>

followed by your script that use jQuery. And then your other library and its scripts. Then later where you do like:

<script>
$("a.first").pageslide();
</script>

Make that:

<script>
jQuery("a.first").pageslide();
</script>

And it should be fine.