PDA

View Full Version : Clear Previous Styles Using Theme Switcher

karks88
06-18-2013, 06:51 PM
1) Script Title: Style Sheet Switcher

2) Script URL (on DD):

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex9/stylesheetswitcher.htm

3) Describe problem: I am using this script in conjunction with WordPress. The problem I'm running into is that, when I switch to my alternate CSS file, some elements of my design won't switch over to the new settings defined in my alternate CSS.

Is there a way to clear out the default CSS styles so that only the alternate versions display?

Part of the problem is that I'm using a slideshow plugin that requires me to use the "!important" declaration on some CSS changes I've made to the appearance. When I copy that over to the alternate CSS file, it's just taking the "!important" items from the default style and not using the ones from the alternate.

I'm thinking if there was a way to flush out the default version, it would then only rely on the alternate CSS for styling info. Does this make sense?

Beverleyh
06-18-2013, 08:02 PM
If you link to the alternate stylesheet AFTER the default one in the <head> section of your web page, and then define alternate CSS with the !important declaration too, the alternate !important styling should override the default !important styling.

karks88
06-18-2013, 08:14 PM
Ah, that did it - thank you SO MUCH!