PDA

View Full Version : Hourly Rate ??

JRockZ
01-27-2006, 10:31 PM
I have a client that wants to pay me by the hour for working on thier site. I'm just an average webmaster and have no schooling or any of that howevere i did design the site and was not paid for that. I was wondering what a normal hourly rate would be. At most (now that the site is complete) would be 1 hour per week for updating and making needed changes.
Any Info would be much appreciated.
JRZ

ddadmin
01-28-2006, 10:06 PM
Freelancing is like the wild wild west, there really is no set rates. To better determine a fair rate to charge, we'd have to know what kind of work exactly you're performing for the customer- frontend (HTML/ JavaScript), backend (PHP, mySQL), both?

JRockZ
01-29-2006, 12:45 AM
Freelancing is like the wild wild west, there really is no set rates. To better determine a fair rate to charge, we'd have to know what kind of work exactly you're performing for the customer- frontend (HTML/ JavaScript), backend (PHP, mySQL), both?
Oh well its a website for a bar i would just be adding updates for live music, food specials and maybe a few images here and there. Like i said at most an hour a week.
Thanks for the Reply.
JRZ

cr3ative
01-29-2006, 09:24 AM
I have a client that wants to pay me by the hour for working on thier site. I'm just an average webmaster and have no schooling or any of that howevere i did design the site and was not paid for that. I was wondering what a normal hourly rate would be. At most (now that the site is complete) would be 1 hour per week for updating and making needed changes.
Any Info would be much appreciated.
JRZ

Hourly rates depend on what kind of work you're doing.
My standard charges are per site, which is much easier to deal with :)

Otherwise, I did one project in PHP with MySql where I got paid 6 an hour, short-term freelancing. Normal webdesign should probably run in the region of 4 an hour or so, for a normal webdev. Companies will obviously charge more.

Just my $0.02.

mrhinc
02-15-2006, 03:40 AM
In Canada....even an average "webmaster"....with dreamweaver" or other professional software and image-creating software (Adobe CS or whatever)
can easily get $30.00 per hour provided they can get the websites that they work on into the first 2 pages of search engine results.
If they can't code the pages to attract NEW Business to a website....but have the software to build a nice looking site....they are still worth $20.00 per hour.
Or the website owner can LEARN to do it themselves....no problem.
NEVER take work without a fee. First thing you know...they expect the world of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twey
02-15-2006, 10:12 AM
Normal webdesign should probably run in the region of £4 an hour or so, for a normal webdev.Thought I'd just point out that the minimum wage over here is £5.05 :p

simonf
02-15-2006, 01:55 PM
Hi

I charge ZAR300 per page I.E US$42 per page... it seems to work in this part of the world... taking into acct that once you have designed the template/ menu etc, the content pages you zap out at an incredible rate.