PDA

View Full Version : Watermark HTML Code

Lacey
01-27-2006, 11:03 PM
:o
I inserted the watermark scrolling page html in my webpage hosted by tripod..it made the whole first page dissappear....can anyone tell me why this happened?

jscheuer1
01-28-2006, 06:24 AM
Either you did it wrong or there is something about Tripod that is incompatible with the script as written, or both. To be more specific I would need to see the page:

Lacey
01-28-2006, 12:50 PM
Either you did it wrong or there is something about Tripod that is incompatible with the script as written, or both. To be more specific I would need to see the page:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex3/fixback.htm....this is the watermark Background Image Script i am trying to use.......and this is my webpage......www.qualitycomputer.org

Lacey
01-28-2006, 10:14 PM
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...ck.htm....this is the watermark Background Image Script i am trying to use.......and this is my webpage......www.qualitycomputer.org

Originally Posted by jscheuer1

PLEASE: Include the URL to your problematic webpage that you want help with.

I inserted the watermark scrolling page html in my webpage hosted by tripod..it made the whole first page dissappear....can anyone tell me why this happened?

jscheuer1
01-28-2006, 10:40 PM
Your web page shows up just fine for me. This however (from your page's source):

<p><script language="JavaScript1.2">

/*
Watermark Backgound Image Script- Dynamic Drive (www.dynamicdrive.com)
For full source code, 100's more DHTML scripts, and TOS,
visit dynamicdrive.com
*/

<!--"''"-->
</p>

is not correct, there is no closing script tag and no script code. Also the script tag should be (according to the most recent standards):

<script type="text/javascript">

I suspect that this is what you did after the problem occurred to 'correct' it. I cannot diagnose a non-existent problem though. So please put up the problem page somewhere that I can see it, it does not have to be linked to from anywhere.