PDA

View Full Version : Fluctuating images in Flash

Jay Dog
03-11-2013, 01:39 PM
Hi,

I'm relatively new to Flash and want to create a file similar to the one shown with the images of the birds and scenery that merge into one another as shown in this site here:

http://www.attenboroughnaturecentre.co.uk/

I simply don't know how to do this in Flash, I have done it before in Javascript but never in Flash.

Is it difficult and does anyone know how to do it?

Many thanks,

Jay Dog

Beverleyh
03-11-2013, 05:57 PM
I'm not too familiar with Flash but I am with Photoshop, and given that both platforms are produced by Adobe, Id be willing to bet that they use similar terminology and menu labels - with simple motions/animations in Photoshop, you "Tween" between frames/key frames, so try to search for tutorials using those terms, for the version of Flash you're using.

molendijk
03-11-2013, 06:47 PM
I'm just being curious: why would you want to do this with Flash when it's possible to do it with javascript (see this (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/fadeinslideshow.htm), for instance)?

Beverleyh
03-11-2013, 07:29 PM
I agree Aria. Flash just seems a bit overkill for some simple image fades that can be handled so neatly and easily with JavaScript. Much better support on iPhone/iPad, no need for additional plugins, more search engine friendly - why indeed, in cases such as these, would you want to use Flash in place of javascript?

Jay Dog
03-13-2013, 12:56 PM
Hi guys, first off thanks for your help, I did actually find a really good Tutorial on Youtube but I am new to Flash and am starting to use it more in work so wanted a challenge to help improve my skills.

I just didn't know what to type into Google to be honest; 'making images merge into each other in Flash' seemed a bit vague but then realised it's a 'slideshow' so just Googled 'Flash slideshow, Youtube' and hey presto!

I did actually make a pretty decent movie using the Tween option which looked quite cool but I think I will go with Javascript option as I've just spent some time this morning doing one based on the one mentioned above.

Once again, thanks. :)