PDA

View Full Version : Feed Disappearing with use of .definetemplate

TylerCHurst
03-07-2013, 07:05 AM
1) Script Title: gAjax RSS Feeds Displayer v2.0

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex18/gajaxrssdisplayer.htm

3) Describe problem: I'm having a problem arranging the content of the feed. I want to display the label and date before the tittle and description. I attempted to call on the .definetemplate in order to rearrange the content display, but the feed just disappears. When I take the

.definetemplate("{label}{date}<br />{title}<br />{description}")

out, my feed is fine. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Beverleyh
03-07-2013, 07:15 AM
Make sure you include the id of your RSS at the start of that line;

myRSSid.definetemplate("{label}{date}<br />{title}<br />{description}")If you need more help, please post a link to your page.

TylerCHurst
03-07-2013, 08:06 AM
Thanks for the reply, but the id seems to be alright.

http://www.tylerchurst.com/

Beverleyh
03-07-2013, 08:48 AM
I don't know if it will help but try changing all instances of "Newsfeed" to "newsfeed" and replace "example2" in the first line with "newsfeed" too.

Also, try matching the fields inside the displayoptions line and the definetemplate line - at the moment you have "date" in one but "datetime" in the other.

TylerCHurst
03-07-2013, 09:33 AM
I tried all of it, but still nothing. I don't understand why it's being so stubborn haha.

Beverleyh
03-07-2013, 09:43 AM
The order of the script and/or other scripts on the page could be affecting things.

What I tend to do in cases like this is start with a blank web page that just contains the DD script you want. Get that setup and working how you like (don't worry about styles for now) and then gradually add back the rest of your web page. Build it back up a few lines of html and scripts at a time and test in a browser between saves.

This usually helps pinpoint the problematic areas.

I'm sorry I can't be of much more help today - I injured my back recently and am stuck in bed on an iphone.