PDA

View Full Version : display RSS feeds

avril3
02-28-2013, 03:35 PM
1) Script Title: RSS Display Boxes script

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex18/rssdisplaybox/index.htm

3) Describe problem: Hello,
I'm using the script RSS Display Boxes and it works properly. I write because I would be interested to display two or more rss.
I have tried the scrip gAjax RSS Feeds Displayer v2.0(http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex18/gajaxrssdisplayer.htm) but I need to have automatic pagination. Is it possible?
I apologize for my poor English. Thanks for your help.

ajfmrf
03-01-2013, 12:38 AM
You can use multiple feeds for the display boxes.

What do you mean by "automatic pagination" ?

Beverleyh
03-01-2013, 06:12 AM
From the demo page on DD
The 3rd and 4th examples utilize the versatile "manual" pagination mode to let you customize this part of the box in infinite ways. Each ticker is called independently on the page via JavaScript.Pagination is included - that is, the page buttons are generated automatically after a defined quantity of news items, eg. after every 5 items.

If this does not answer your question, please provide more information about what it is you've like to achieve.

avril3
03-06-2013, 05:26 PM
Thank you very much for your response.
I'll try to explain better:
I want to include two or more feeds in the RSS Display Boxes script(http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex18/rssdisplaybox/index.htm).
Now I can only display one.
Thanks again.

Beverleyh
03-06-2013, 06:02 PM
Yes, you can display multiple RSS Display boxes

As the demo page details;
<script type="text/javascript">
var showbbc=new rssdisplaybox("bbc", "bbcid", "someclass")
showbbc.set_items_shown(10) //show 10 entries from feed
showbbc.start() //Required: start script
</script>

where "bbc" is the ID of the RSS feed to display, and should correspond to the ID defined inside "main.php"

You would need to setup a unique ID for each.

If you need more help, please post a link to your page.

avril3
03-06-2013, 06:54 PM
This is the url: http://gatos.comuv.com/home.html
This is the script I posted:
//MAIN FUNCTION: rssdisplaybox("rssfeed_id", "rssbox_id", "rssbox_class")
var cssdrive2=new rssdisplaybox("cssdrive", "cssnewsbox", "someclass")
cssdrive2.set_items_shown(0, 4) //Fetch 8 entries, but display only 3 at a time (pagination links auto created)
cssdrive2.set_template("default") //Use "default" template, which outputs title + description + date
</script>

<!--Manual pagination interface for CSS Drive box above-->
<div id="csspaginatediv" class="rsspaginate">
<a href="#" rel="previous"> Anterior </a> <span class="flatview"></span> <a href="#" rel="next"> Siguiente </a>
</div>

cssdrive2.setpagination("manual", "csspaginatediv") /
cssdrive2.start() //Required: start script
</script>

I want to know the change to post entries cssdrive, bbc ... entries by date

ajfmrf
03-06-2013, 09:20 PM
you can have multiple feeds :

first you have to fix this

//MAIN FUNCTION: rssdisplaybox("rssfeed_id", "rssbox_id", "rssbox_class")
var cssdrive2=new rssdisplaybox("cssdrive", "cssnewsbox", "someclass")
cssdrive2.set_items_shown(0, 4) //Fetch 8 entries, but display only 3 at a time (pagination links auto created)
cssdrive2.set_template("default") //Use "default" template, which outputs title + description + date
</script>

the red need to be at least the number 1

below are a few examples of how to add more feeds on your page.

var showbbc=new rssdisplaybox("bbc", "bbcid", "someclass")
showbbc.set_items_shown(10, 5) //Fetch 10 entries, but display only 5 at a time (pagination links auto created)
showbbc.set_template("titles") //Use "titles" template, which outputs title + category
showbbc.start() //Required: start script
</script>

var showcnn=new rssdisplaybox("cnn", "cnnid", "someclass")
showcnn.set_items_shown(10, 5) //Fetch 10 entries, but display only 5 at a time (pagination links auto created)
showcnn.set_template("titles") //Use "titles" template, which outputs title + category
showcnn.start() //Required: start script
</script>

var showwebmd=new rssdisplaybox("webmd", "webmdid", "someclass")
showwebmd.set_items_shown(10, 5) //Fetch 10 entries, but display only 5 at a time (pagination links auto created)
showwebmd.set_template("titles") //Use "titles" template, which outputs title + category
showwebmd.start() //Required: start script
</script>

Then you have to add the actual feed to the main.php page in the rssbox folder and also add the css too

avril3
03-07-2013, 11:15 AM
It is not the perfect solution. I do not want three separate feeds. I want all in one. I would look like the blog posts

ajfmrf
03-07-2013, 04:05 PM
well,it won't be like there is a bunch of lines or any thing between the feeds so it will look like one feed